Beachcombing Volume 32: September/October 2022
Volume 32: September/October 2022
Our cover story features a trip to hunt for fishing floats in the Alaskan wilderness. We'll be celebrating National Fossil Day in October so we have articles from England, Oregon, and Florida about hunting for beach fossils. We've also got a story about a sea shell glamping adventure, a beach-finds string-light craft, and the winners of our sea shell photo contest. Add in some sea glass colors, nautical poetry, and summer cottages — and there's something for everyone!
In this issue:
- Destination: Prince William Sound, Alaska, Megan Lierman
- Mudlarking: Fantastic Beasts of the Thames, Jason Sandy
- Frighteningly Fantastic Fossilized Finds, Jessye Pennington
- Shark Tooth Hunting, Laura Deering
- Fossils: Ancient finds from the Beach
- The Colors & Rarity of Sea Glass, Ann Fisk
- Sea Shell Photo Contest Winners
- Shell Camp: Glamping in Florida’s Ten Thousand Islands, Amy Bentley
- Colorful Chiton Shells, Maureen Wyer
- Spotlight Artisan: Ingrid Lynch
Lost Wax Casting, Ingrid Lynch
- International Mermaid Museum
- Bonney Family Beach, Carol Roche
- Driftwood and Sou’westers: Poets and the Sea, Hugh Tranter
- Hands on History: Totally Thames Festival
- Myths vs. Facts: Beach Marbles Were Not Ballast, Kirsti Scott
- Beachy String Lights, Gina Olkowski
- Beachcombing for Body, Mind, and Soul, Rosie Iles-Jonas
- Beach Reads, Cindy Bilbao
Mystery from Bradstreet Solved
- Upcoming Events
On the cover: Hunting for floats in Alaska, Amanda Harrison
Love this beautiful magazine.
Love this magazine, gives me good ideas on where to go to look for sea treasures ❤️
Loved it may get a subscription when I can afford too
Good quality, worth the price. Interesting Articles with nice photos.
Love this magazine!!