Welcome to Beachcombing Club
Beachcombing Club is a virtual clubhouse dedicated to building a strong community where you can meet up with other beachcombers, participate in real-time events, and share and learn new things.
We host a series of online talks and casual meetups where speakers and club members share their enthusiasm and expertise, show what they find, and what they do with their treasures. Club members can interact with superstar speakers in real-time on a platform called Discord, which is similar to Zoom. You'll get a chance to ask questions and interact with the speakers and each other. You can opt to share your screen and speakers or just hang out in the room and watch the show.
Visit our Patreon page to join the club ›
Who are Beachcombing Club members?
Club members are some of the biggest supporters of Beachcombing Magazine, contributing photos, writing articles, hanging out together at festivals, and participating in events, online and in person. They are passionate about beachcombing and love sharing their favorite hobby with likeminded people. Though they come from all kinds of backgrounds and from different places, members have come together to share their experiences, beach finds, and knowledge in a supportive, fun, and approachable community.
- Most are magazine subscribers. Many have subscribed since the first issue in 2017 and some just subscribed this year!
- Many have contributed to the magazine as writers, photographers, and/or advertisers, and two have each appeared 10 times!
- They come from Australia to Germany and countries in between.
- They love learning about beachcombing and connecting with other beachcombers who live around the world.
We hope you'll join us!
With your support, we have created a space for beachcombers to get together and the funding to create and share exciting real-time events and extra content. In addition to the online clubhouse, here are some of the awesome things a Beachcombing Club membership provides:
- Exclusive members-only merchandise (stickers, magnets, t-shirts, and more)
- A newsletter with exclusive stories, discounts, contests, digital downloads, and more
- Community polls that shape club benefits and magazine content
- A chance to vote on the charity to which we donate 10% of our proceeds
- Sneak peeks of magazine content before it's published
- Special recognition in videos and in the magazine
- Opportunity to interact with beachcombing artists and experts during live Q&A’s and events
- In-person meetups and group trips (once it’s safe, of course!)
Founding Member Benefit
- An adorable pop-up Beachcombing Clubhouse for the first 200 Silver and Gold patrons. Lift the roof to see if you won a prize!
10% to charity
We donate 10% of club dues directly to beach-related charities. Donations are made to organizations selected each quarter by club members. This quarter's charity, chosen by members, is Ocean Conservancy. Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges, creating science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Join the club!
If the chance to learn more about beachcombing and hang out with new and old beachcombing friends excites you, please head on over to our Patreon page to learn more. Memberships start at $3 a month, with 10% going to charity and the rest directly to supporting this online community. We truly want to thank all of our readers for your incredible support and enthusiasm over these past few years. Without you, none of this would be possible. We look forward to you joining us on more beachcombing adventures.
Saturday, May 15: Mudlarking in London
Jason Sandy @jasonmudlark will take us on a virtual beachcombing trip along the shores of the Thames and a look at some of the treasures he has found in the river. Join us for the premiere of Jason's video on Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 8 pm UK / 3pm EDT / 12 noon PDT followed by a live Q&A for Gold club members after the premiere.
June 19th: Sail away with Captain Ky the Sea Glass Guy
All aboard for an adventure with Kyle Davis and his faithful sidekick LC as they sail their boat in search of beachcombing treasures. Join us for the premiere of Ky's video on Saturday, June 19th, at 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT followed by a live Q&A for Gold club members following the premiere. We're going to have a fun giveaway and tons of awesome highlights from Ky and LC's adventures! Details to come.
A Sea of Colors
Join us for a video premiere of "A Sea of Colors" followed by a live Q&A for Gold club members following the premiere. Details to come.
NOTE: After the first month, your payment will be on the first of the month until you cancel your membership. You can change your pledge or cancel at any time.