Welcome to Beachcombing Club
Beachcombing Club is a community of beachcombers who support the creation of online and in-person events through their membership. We are dedicated to building a strong community where you can meet up with other beachcombers online, participate in real-time events, and share and learn new things. Past events ›
The Club hosts a series of live-streamed talks and meetups where speakers and club members share their enthusiasm and expertise, show what they find, and what they do with their treasures. Club members can interact with superstar speakers in real-time, asking questions and interacting with the speakers and each other. You can opt to share your screen and speakers or just hang out in the room and watch the show.
Visit our Patreon page to join the club ›
Who are Beachcombing Club members?
Club members are passionate about beachcombing and love sharing their favorite hobby with likeminded people. Though they come from all kinds of backgrounds and from different places, members have come together to share their experiences, beach finds, and knowledge in a supportive, fun, and approachable community.
- They love learning about beachcombing and connecting with other beachcombers who live around the world.
- They come from Australia to Germany and countries in between.
- Many are Beachcombing Magazine subscribers—many have subscribed since the first issue in 2017…and some just subscribed this year! Some just enjoy the live events and online clubhouse.
- Many have contributed to the magazine as writers, photographers, and/or advertisers.
- Members who host an event, work with us to create a video premiere, or share their expertise through the Club become automatic VIP members of Beachcombing Club.
We hope you'll join us!
Enjoy a look back at Beachcombing Club highlights from 2022:
Santa Cruz Sea Glass and Ocean Arts Festival Meetup
Join us for a meetup in Santa Cruz, California, on Friday, Nov. 2, 2023. Club members can RSVP here ›
A Trip to Sea Glass Beach
Join us for a virtual trip to Fort Bragg's Sea Glass Beach followed by a live Q&A for club members following the video premiere. Details to come.
In addition to the online clubhouse, here are some of the awesome things a Beachcombing Club membership provides:
- Exclusive members-only merchandise (stickers, magnets, t-shirts, and more)
- Members-only stories, discounts, and more
- Community polls to shape club benefits and magazine content
- A chance to vote on the charity to which we donate 10% of our proceeds
- Sneak peeks of magazine content
- Special recognition in videos and in the magazine
- Opportunity to interact with beachcombing artists and experts during live Q&A’s and events
- In-person meetups and group trips
Founding Member Benefit
- An adorable pop-up Beachcombing Clubhouse for the first 200 Silver and Gold patrons. Lift the roof to see if you won a prize!
10% to charity
We donate 10% of club dues directly to beach-related charities. Donations are made to organizations selected each quarter by club members. This quarter's charity is the National Marine Sanctuaries Foundation. The Foundation is a leading voice for U.S. protected waters, working with communities to conserve and expand those special places for a healthy ocean, coasts, and Great Lakes. Working together, they safeguard species and the places they call home, and preserve America’s maritime history.
The National Marine Sanctuary System celebrated 50 years of protecting our ocean and Great Lakes on October 23, 2022. Today, the System covers over 620,000 square miles and we are working with communities across the U.S. to expand it to conserve more wildlife, cultural resources, and seascapes for future generations.
Clean Seas removed nearly 60,000 pounds of marine debris from the Florida Keys and Channel Islands in California, passing our goal of removing 50,000 pounds for the 50th Anniversary.
Join the Club!
If the chance to learn more about beachcombing and hang out with new and old beachcombing friends excites you, please head on over to our Patreon page to learn more. Memberships start at $3 a month, with 10% going to charity and the rest directly to supporting this online community. We truly want to thank all of our readers for your incredible support and enthusiasm over these past few years. Without you, none of this would be possible. We look forward to you joining us on more beachcombing adventures.
Become a Beachcombing Club Speaker
If you are interested becoming a Beachcombing Club speaker, we'd love to hear your idea! Our goal is to create engaging, interesting videos on subjects about beachcombing, mudlarking, beach destinations, coastal arts, nature, ocean conservation, and virtual beachcombing trips. Following is the basic process:
- We agree on a topic together for you to cover.
- You upload video and audio clips, photos, and other materials as needed.
- Beachcombing creates a professionally edited video.
- Beachcombing premieres your video on YouTube with a live text chat with you and live viewers.
- Beachcombing hosts a live Zoom Q&A reception with you.
- Beachcombing gives you the edited video to post on your website, YouTube channel, and social media.
If your topic lends itself to a print article, we love featuring our Beachcombing Club speakers in the magazine.
Please contact us with your Beachcombing Club speaker proposal.
NOTE: After the first month, your payment will be on the first of the month until you cancel your membership. You can change your pledge or cancel at any time.