Welcome to Beachcombing Club
Beachcombing Club is a community of beachcombers who support the creation of online and in-person events through their membership. We are dedicated to building a strong community where you can meet up with other beachcombers online, participate in real-time events, and share and learn new things.
The Club hosts a series of live-streamed talks and meetups where speakers and club members share their enthusiasm and expertise, show what they find, and what they do with their treasures. Club members can interact with superstar speakers in real-time, asking questions and interacting with the speakers and each other. You can opt to share your screen and speakers or just hang out in the room and watch the show.
Enjoy a look back at our first year in this short video:
Learn about some of our past Beachcombing Club events ›
Visit our Patreon page to join the club ›
Who are Beachcombing Club members?
Club members are passionate about beachcombing and love sharing their favorite hobby with likeminded people. Though they come from all kinds of backgrounds and from different places, members have come together to share their experiences, beach finds, and knowledge in a supportive, fun, and approachable community.
- They love learning about beachcombing and connecting with other beachcombers who live around the world.
- They come from Australia to Germany and countries in between.
- Many are Beachcombing Magazine subscribers—many have subscribed since the first issue in 2017…and some just subscribed this year! Some just enjoy the live events and online clubhouse.
- Many have contributed to the magazine as writers, photographers, and/or advertisers.
- Members who host an event, work with us to create a video premiere, or share their expertise through the Club become automatic VIP members of Beachcombing Club.
We hope you'll join us!
May 19 or 20 in Huron, Ohio: Meetup and Nautical Adventure
Thursday or Friday morning (TBD) of North American Sea Glass Festival weekend: Join Club members for a meetup and fun nautical adventure with Club member Christine Crawford from Beagle Bay Knot Works. Depending on the weather, we will either be taking a sail or learning how to make a "tie it & take it" craft. RSVP
A Trip to Sea Glass Beach
Join us for a virtual trip to Fort Bragg's Sea Glass Beach followed by a live Q&A for club members following the video premiere. Details to come.
A Sea of Colors
Join us for a video premiere of "A Sea of Colors" followed by a live Q&A for club members following the premiere. Details to come.
- April 3, 2022: Candlemaking Workshop with Mary McCarthy from When's Low Tide
- November 27, 2021: Strangest Finds from the Thames and Q&A with Jason Sandy, Author
- November 27, 2021: Virgin Sea Glass Studio Tour with Mary Louise "Wiesy" Lauffer
- November 27, 2021: Beachcombing in Seaham with Paula Newman, PeblsRock
- November 27, 2021: Q&A with PeblsRock and Aloha Sea Glass Studio Tour
- November 27, 2021: Beachcombing in the Shadow of Diamond Headand Q& with Richard MacPherson
- November 27, 2021: Hydraulic Press Demo Su Kirk, Seahag101
- November 27, 2021: Create a One-of-a-Kind Sea Glass Gift for Under $10 with Jackie Trimper, Sea Glass Mosaic Artist List of supplies ›
- November 27, 2021: Eclectic Collection with @TealBamboo and Q&A withTina Terry, Teal Bamboo
- November 27, 2021: Japanese Fishing Floats and Q&A with Christina Sawka, Reverse.Gem
- November 27, 2021: Live Q&A with Tina from TealBamboo and Christina from Reverse.Gem
- October 21, 2021: Beachcombing in Florida with SWF Beach Life
- August 22, 2021: Sea Glass Lantern Workshop with Mary McCarthy
- August 21, 2021: Nightlarking with Jason Sandy video followed by a Live Q&A with Jason Sandy
- June 19, 2021: Sail Away with Captain Ky
- May 15, 2021: Mudlarking in London with Jason Sandy
- April 30, 2021: A Visit to Kirkcaldy, Scotland with Scottish Mudlarking
- March 27, 2021: Sea Glass Wind Chime Workshop with Mary McCarthy and Lori Julian
- March 13, 2021: Beach Marble Identifications with Stephen Bahr
- February 27, 2021: "Sharing the Aloha Spirit”: Sea Glass Jewelry Making with Marylou Forrest
- January 23, 2021: "Wading for Treasures”: River beachcombing with Jane Eastman
In addition to the online clubhouse, here are some of the awesome things a Beachcombing Club membership provides:
- Exclusive members-only merchandise (stickers, magnets, t-shirts, and more)
- Members-only stories, discounts, and more
- Community polls to shape club benefits and magazine content
- A chance to vote on the charity to which we donate 10% of our proceeds
- Sneak peeks of magazine content
- Special recognition in videos and in the magazine
- Opportunity to interact with beachcombing artists and experts during live Q&A’s and events
- In-person meetups and group trips
Founding Member Benefit
- An adorable pop-up Beachcombing Clubhouse for the first 200 Silver and Gold patrons. Lift the roof to see if you won a prize!
10% to charity
We donate 10% of club dues directly to beach-related charities. Donations are made to organizations selected each quarter by club members. This quarter's charity, chosen by members, is Ocean Conservancy. Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges, creating science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Join the Club!
If the chance to learn more about beachcombing and hang out with new and old beachcombing friends excites you, please head on over to our Patreon page to learn more. Memberships start at $3 a month, with 10% going to charity and the rest directly to supporting this online community. We truly want to thank all of our readers for your incredible support and enthusiasm over these past few years. Without you, none of this would be possible. We look forward to you joining us on more beachcombing adventures.
Become a Beachcombing Club Speaker
If you are interested becoming a Beachcombing Club speaker, we'd love to hear your idea! Our goal is to create engaging, interesting videos on subjects about beachcombing, mudlarking, beach destinations, coastal arts, nature, ocean conservation, and virtual beachcombing trips. Following is the basic process:
- We agree on a topic together for you to cover.
- You upload video and audio clips, photos, and other materials as needed.
- Beachcombing creates a professionally edited video.
- Beachcombing premieres your video on YouTube with a live text chat with you and live viewers.
- Beachcombing hosts a live Zoom Q&A reception with you.
- Beachcombing gives you the edited video to post on your website, YouTube channel, and social media.
If your topic lends itself to a print article, we love featuring our Beachcombing Club speakers in the magazine.
Please contact us with your Beachcombing Club speaker proposal.
NOTE: After the first month, your payment will be on the first of the month until you cancel your membership. You can change your pledge or cancel at any time.