Welcome to Beachcombing Club
Beachcombing Club is a virtual clubhouse dedicated to building a strong community where you can meet up with other beachcombers, participate in real-time events, and share and learn new things.
We host a series of online talks and meetups where speakers and club members share their enthusiasm and expertise, show what they find, and what they do with their treasures. Club members can interact with superstar speakers in real-time, asking questions and interacting with the speakers and each other. You can opt to share your screen and speakers or just hang out in the room and watch the show.
Visit our Patreon page to join the club ›
Who are Beachcombing Club members?
Club members are some of the biggest supporters of Beachcombing Magazine, contributing photos, writing articles, hanging out together at festivals, and participating in events, online and in person. Others are passionate about beachcombing and love sharing their favorite hobby with likeminded people. Though they come from all kinds of backgrounds and from different places, members have come together to share their experiences, beach finds, and knowledge in a supportive, fun, and approachable community.
- Most are magazine subscribers—many have subscribed since the first issue in 2017 and some just subscribed this year! Some just enjoy the videos and online clubhouse.
- Many have contributed to the magazine as writers, photographers, and/or advertisers, and two have appeared 10 times each!
- They come from Australia to Germany and countries in between.
- They love learning about beachcombing and connecting with other beachcombers who live around the world.
We hope you'll join us!
With your support, we have created a space for beachcombers to get together and the funding to create and share exciting real-time events and extra content. In addition to the online clubhouse, here are some of the awesome things a Beachcombing Club membership provides:
- Exclusive members-only merchandise (stickers, magnets, t-shirts, and more)
- Members-only stories, discounts, and more
- Community polls to shape club benefits and magazine content
- A chance to vote on the charity to which we donate 10% of our proceeds
- Sneak peeks of magazine content
- Special recognition in videos and in the magazine
- Opportunity to interact with beachcombing artists and experts during live Q&A’s and events
- In-person meetups and group trips (once it’s safe, of course!)
Founding Member Benefit
- An adorable pop-up Beachcombing Clubhouse for the first 200 Silver and Gold patrons. Lift the roof to see if you won a prize!
10% to charity
We donate 10% of club dues directly to beach-related charities. Donations are made to organizations selected each quarter by club members. This quarter's charity, chosen by members, is Ocean Conservancy. Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges, creating science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Join the Club!
If the chance to learn more about beachcombing and hang out with new and old beachcombing friends excites you, please head on over to our Patreon page to learn more. Memberships start at $3 a month, with 10% going to charity and the rest directly to supporting this online community. We truly want to thank all of our readers for your incredible support and enthusiasm over these past few years. Without you, none of this would be possible. We look forward to you joining us on more beachcombing adventures.
- North American Virtual Sea Glass Festival: August 21-22, 2021. Join us on Zoom with Jason Sandy to talk about his nightlarking adventures along the Thames.
- Sea Glass Sunday Pop-Up, August 29, 2021, Santa Barbara, California. In-person meetup for club members on August 28, 2021 at Brophy Brothers, with views of the Santa Barbara mountains and harbor.
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival, November 6-7, Santa Cruz, California. In-person meetup on November 6th for cocktails after day one of the festival.
A Trip to Sea Glass Beach
Join Kirsti and Matt for a virtual trip to Fort Bragg's Sea Glass Beach followed by a live Q&A for club members following the video premiere. Details to come.
A Sea of Colors
Join us for a video premiere of "A Sea of Colors" followed by a live Q&A for club members following the premiere. Details to come.
- June 19, 2021: Sail Away with Captain Ky
- May 15, 2021: Mudlarking in London with Jason Sandy
- April 30, 2021: A Visit to Kirkcaldy, Scotland with Scottish Mudlarking
- March 27, 2021: Beach Art Workshop with Mary McCarthy and Lori Julian
- March 13, 2021: Beach Marble Identifications with Stephen Bahr
- February 27, 2021: "Sharing the Aloha Spirit”: Sea Glass Jewelry Making with Marylou Forrest
- January 23, 2021: "Wading for Treasures”: River beachcombing with Jane Eastman
- June 20, 2020: Virtual Beachcombing Festival
Become a Beachcombing Club Speaker
If you are interested becoming a Beachcombing Club speaker, we'd love to hear your idea! Our goal is to create engaging, interesting videos on subjects about beachcombing, mudlarking, beach destinations, coastal arts, nature, ocean conservation, and virtual beachcombing trips. Following is the basic process:
- We agree on a topic together for you to cover.
- You upload video and audio clips, photos, and other materials as needed.
- Beachcombing creates a professionally edited video.
- Beachcombing premieres your video on YouTube with a live text chat with you and live viewers.
- Beachcombing hosts a live Zoom Q&A reception with you.
- Beachcombing gives you the edited video to post on your website, YouTube channel, and social media.
If your topic lends itself to a print article, we love featuring our Beachcombing Club speakers in the magazine.
Please contact us with your Beachcombing Club speaker proposal.
NOTE: After the first month, your payment will be on the first of the month until you cancel your membership. You can change your pledge or cancel at any time.