Beachcombers are a worldwide community interested in sea glass, beach glass, seashells, beach fossils, rocks, driftwood, conservation, wildlife, jewelry, art, travel destinations, and more. Our diverse community includes sea glass hunters, jewelers, artists, shell collectors, mudlarks, and rock hounds, all with different interests and expertise.
Whether you are trying to identify your latest find, enter your best piece in a contest, or shop for beautiful pieces created with beachcombing finds, you can connect with other beachcombers at festivals, in retail shops carrying our magazine, in our Facebook community and Instagram page, or through online pages dedicated to different aspects of beachcombing.
In-person and virtual festivals and conferences are a great way to connect with others in our worldwide beachcombing community. Following is a list of annual coastal events. Be sure to check the web pages of the festivals as the dates and locations are subject to change every year.
Many events are postponed, canceled, or have moved online for 2020 and 2021. Please check websites for latest information.
- Sanibel Shell Show: Online March 5-6, 2021, Sanibel, Florida
- Cayucos Sea Glass Festival: March 13-14, 2021, Cayucos, California
- Eastern Shore Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: April 10-11, 2021, St. Michaels, Maryland
- International Beachcombing Conference: April 26- May 2, 2021, Annapolis, Maryland
- Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: May 15-16, 2021, Erie, Pennsylvania (Held in odd-numbered years)
- Sea To Shore Sea Glass Festival: July 2021, Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada
- The California Mermaid Convention: July 9-11, 2021, Online
- Mermaid Tears Sea Glass Festival: July 2021, Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- North American Sea Glass Festival: August 2021, Huron, Ohio
- Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival: September 2021, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Campobello Sea Glass Festival: Fall 2021, Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada
- Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival: September 2021, Santa Barbara, California
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: September, Lewes, Delaware
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo: October, Seabrook, New Hampshire
- Lyme Regis Fossil Festival: October, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK
- Long Beach Island Sea Glass And Arts Festival, October, Ship Bottom, New Jersey
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival, November, Santa Cruz, California
We'd love to hear about your upcoming beach festival, coastal fair, or beachside celebration. Contact us about free online listings and discounted fees for advertising your event. Include all details, dates, times, and URL at least 3 months in advance of your event for inclusion in the print magazine, and 1 month ahead for online listing of your event.