Beachcombers form a worldwide community interested in sea glass, beach glass, seashells, driftwood, conservation, wildlife, jewelry, art, travel destinations, and more. Our diverse community includes sea glass hunters, jewelers, artists, shell collectors, mudlarks, and rock hounds, all with different interests and expertise.
Whether you are trying to identify your latest find, enter your best piece in a contest, or shop for beautiful pieces created with beachcombing finds, you can connect with other beachcombers at festivals, in retail shops carrying our magazine, in our Facebook community and Instagram page, or through online pages dedicated to different aspects of beachcombing.
Festivals and conferences are a great way to connect with others in our worldwide beachcombing community. Following is a list of annual coastal events. Be sure to check the web pages of the festivals as the dates and locations are subject to change every year.
Many events are postponed or canceled for 2020. Please check websites for latest information.
- Ocean Treasures Festival: February, Melbourne Beach, Florida
- Sanibel Shell Show: March, Sanibel, Florida
- Cayucos Sea Glass Festival: March 13-14, 2021, Cayucos, California
- Eastern Shore Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: April 10-11, 2021, St. Michaels, Maryland
- Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: May 15-16, 2021, Erie, Pennsylvania (Held in odd-numbered years)
- Virtual Beachcombing Festival: June 20, 2020, Online
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: September 26-27, 2020, Lewes, Delaware
- Sea To Shore Sea Glass Festival: July 2021, Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada
- The California Mermaid Convention: July 10-12, 2020, Online
- Mermaid Tears Sea Glass Festival: July 2021, Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- North American Sea Glass Festival: August 2021, Huron, Ohio
- Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival: September 12-13, 2020, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Campobello Sea Glass Festival: 2021, Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada
- Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival: September 2021, Santa Barbara, California
- International Beachcombing Conference: September 2020, Annapolis, Maryland
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo: October, Seabrook, New Hampshire
- Lyme Regis Fossil Festival: October 24-25, 2020, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK
- Long Beach Island Sea Glass And Arts Festival, October 5-6, 2020, Ship Bottom, New Jersey
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival, November 7-8, 2020, Santa Cruz, California
We'd love to hear about your upcoming beach festival, coastal fair, or beachside celebration. Contact us about free online listings and discounted fees for advertising your event. Include all details, dates, times, and URL at least 3 months in advance of your event for inclusion in the print magazine, and 1 month ahead for online listing of your event.