Beachcombers form a worldwide community interested in sea glass, beach glass, seashells, driftwood, conservation, wildlife, jewelry, art, travel destinations, and more. Our diverse community includes sea glass hunters, jewelers, artists, shell collectors, mudlarks, and rock hounds, all with different interests and expertise.
Whether you are trying to identify your latest find, enter your best piece in a contest, or shop for beautiful pieces created with beachcombing finds, you can connect with other beachcombers at festivals, in retail shops carrying our magazine, in our Facebook community and Instagram page, or through online pages dedicated to different aspects of beachcombing.
Festivals and conferences are a great way to connect with others in our worldwide beachcombing community. Following is a list of annual coastal events. Be sure to check the web pages of the festivals as the dates and locations are subject to change every year.
*Beachcombing will have a booth at these upcoming festivals.
- Cayucos Sea Glass Festival: March, Cayucos, California.
- Eastern Shore Sea Glass And Coastal Arts Festival: April, St. Michaels, Maryland.
- Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: May (odd-numbered years), Erie, Pennsylvania.
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo: May, Seabrook, New Hampshire.
- Lyme Regis Fossil Festival: May, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK.
- Chesapeake Sea Glass Festival: May, Wye Mills, Maryland.
- International Beachcombing Conference, May/June, Maryland
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: June, Lewes, Delaware
- Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival: June, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Sea To Shore Sea Glass Festival: July, Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo: July, Hyannis, Massachusetts
- The California Mermaid Convention: July, Sacramento, California
- Mermaid Tears Sea Glass Festival: July, Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- *Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival: September, Santa Barbara, California
- *North American Sea Glass Festival: September, Wildwood, New Jersey
- Long Beach Island Sea Glass And Arts Festival: October, Ship Bottom, New Jersey
- *Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival: November, Santa Cruz, California
We'd love to hear about your upcoming beach festival, coastal fair, or beachside celebration. Contact us about free online listings and discounted fees for advertising your event. Include all details, dates, times, and URL at least 3 months in advance of your event for inclusion in the print magazine, and 1 month ahead for online listing of your event.