Beachcombers are a worldwide community interested in sea glass, beach glass, seashells, beach fossils, rocks, driftwood, conservation, wildlife, jewelry, art, travel destinations, and more. Our diverse community includes sea glass hunters, jewelers, artists, shell collectors, mudlarks, and rock hounds, all with different interests and expertise. Collectors come from across the U.S. and around the world and share their adventures and beach finds in the magazine, at events, and online.
Festivals, Conferences, and Online Events
Whether you are trying to identify your latest find, enter your best piece in a contest, or shop for beautiful pieces created with beachcombing finds, you can connect with other beachcombers at festivals, in retail shops carrying our magazine, in our Facebook community and Instagram page, or through online pages dedicated to different aspects of beachcombing.
In-person and virtual events are a great way to connect with others in our worldwide beachcombing community. Following is a list of upcoming events. Be sure to check the web pages of the festivals as the dates and locations are subject to change every year.
Many events have been postponed, canceled, or have moved online. Always check websites for latest information.
∆ Online event scheduled
∆ In-Person event scheduled
∆ Hybrid event, with in-person and virtual aspects scheduled
- Sanibel Shell Show: March 5, noon EST March 6, noon EST March 5-6, 2021 ∆
- Beach Marble Identifications with Stephen Bahr and Christine Solorio, March 13, 2021 ∆
- Beach Finds Watering Can Wind Chime Live Craft with Mary McCarthy and Lori Yarbrough, March 27, 2021 ∆
- A Sea of Colors, April 17, 2021 ∆
- Mudlarking in London with Jason Sandy, May 2021 ∆
- Sail Away with Captain Ky the Sea Glass Guy, Date TBA ∆
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: June 5-6, Lewes, Delaware ∆
- Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival: June 26-27, Ashtabula, Ohio ∆
- Sea To Shore Sea Glass Festival: July, Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada
- The California Mermaid Convention: July 9-11, 2021, Location TBD
- Mermaid Tears Sea Glass Festival: July 24-25, 2021, Souris, PEI, Canada ∆
- North American Sea Glass Festival: August 21-22, 2021 ∆
- Sea Glass September: September 2021, Campobello Island, NB, Canada ∆
- Lost and Found: Time, Tide, and Treasures, October 7, 2021, Cape Cod Museum of Art, Dennis, Massachusetts ∆
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo: October, Seabrook, New Hampshire
- Lyme Regis Fossil Festival: October, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK
- Long Beach Island Sea Glass And Arts Festival, October, Ship Bottom, New Jersey
- Eastern Shore Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: November 19-21, 2021, St. Michaels, Maryland ∆
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival, November, Santa Cruz, California
- International Beachcombing Conference: Annapolis, Maryland
- Cayucos Sea Glass Festival: March 11-13, 2022, Cayucos, California ∆
- North American Sea Glass Festival: May 19-22, 2022, Huron, Ohio ∆
- Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival: September, Santa Barbara, California ∆
- Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival: October 8-9, 2022, Erie, Pennsylvania ∆
We'd love to hear about your upcoming in-person or online beach festival, coastal convention, or beach-related event. Contact us about free online listings and discounted fees for advertising your event. Include all details, dates, times, and URL at least 3 months in advance of your event for inclusion in the print magazine, and 1 month ahead for online listing of your event.