To celebrate National Seashell Day, we are honoring the best seashell finds! We received entires from beaches around the world and the votes are in and The People's Choice Award has been awarded! Jaime Sawczyn's photo (above) received the most votes in our People's Choice poll. She'll be taking home a huge prize package! Thank you to everyone who entered and voted in this very close race!
The Grand Prize for People's Choice Winner includes:
- A free year of Beachcombing magazine
- An autographed copy of Seashells by Cindy Bilbao
- An autographed copy of My Way of Shelling
- Sand Dipper Big Dipper with 6-inch scooping Basket
- Sand Dipper Shell Collecting Fanny Pack
- Sand Dipper Shell Collecting Wristlet Beach Bag
- HKM Jewelry silver channeled whelk earrings cast from a whelk shell
- SunSport Canvas Mesh Cross-Body Bag
- Sand Defeater Pro Bum Beach Brush
All finalists will appear in an upcoming issue of Beachcombing and get a free copy of the magazine where their photos appear.
Thank you to our generous prize sponsors:
- Cindy Bilbao, author of Seashells
- Amanda Collett, author of My Way of Shelling
- Sand Dipper - Enjoy your Beach Combing & Treasure Hunting
- HKM Jewelry - Handmade silver jewelry inspired by the sea
- SunSport Canvas - Home of the Original Sea Glass Collector's Bag
- Ronald Lusk - Contemporary fine art photographer and inventor of The Sand Defender
Rocio Lopez Fontela
Rocio Lopez Fontela
View winners of past beachcombing contests:
- North American Sea Glass Festival Shard of the Year 2022
- North American Sea Glass Festival Shard of the Year 2021
- Mermaid Tears Seaglass Festival Photo Contest Winners 2021
- Sanibel Shell Show Photo Contest 2021
- Virtual Beachcombing Festival Photo Contest Winners 2020
Learn more about seashells
Learn more about identifying shells, the history of seashell collecting, great shelling beaches, and the lives of the animals who make the shells we find on the beach. Articles ›
No live shelling: Be sure shells are empty and sand dollars, sea stars, and sea urchins are no longer alive before you bring them home.
All photos are all protected by copyright and are the property of their respective owners. They may not be used or reproduced without the express permission and authorization of the copyright owner.
Jaime Sawczyn‘a Starfish gets my vote!