Frequently Asked Questions
Before contacting us, see if the answer to your question is below. For personal questions, website problems, or subscription issues, please email us.
1. Did you change the name of the magazine?
Yes! Starting with the January/February 2019 issue, the magazine will be named Beachcombing Magazine to better reflect the contents in the magazine. The magazine has always covered more than just sea and beach glassing, and we thought it was time to update the name to make it more inclusive. The name is the only thing that will be changing, though. Your active Glassing Magazine subscription will continue with Beachcombing Magazine. You can expect to see more of the same great coverage of all aspects of beachcombing, including sea and beach glass, in Beachcombing Magazine.
2. How do I subscribe to the magazine?
The best way to order a subscription is to order online. If you would prefer to have an invoice emailed to you, please send your name, billing and shipping address, phone number, and email address and request an invoice. Subscriptions are available worldwide.
3. How do I renew my subscription?If you ordered online starting in September 2018, your subscription is set to automatically renew after one year. If not, please contact us so we can make sure your subscription doesn't lapse. If your subscription was automatically renewed and you want to cancel, please let us know you want to cancel and we'll take care of it.
4. When will my magazine subscription start?Depending when you place your order, it might take 4-8 weeks before your first magazine is mailed out. If you subscribe or renew to the magazine within a few weeks of a new issue coming out, your subscription will start or renew with the following issue. This is because we send the mailing list for subscriptions to the printer up to a month before it is mailed. Following are some order and renewal cutoff dates:
- Orders before 8/12/18 started with the September/October 2018 issue, which shipped in early September.
- Orders from 8/12/18 to 10/5/18 started with the November/December 2018 issue, which shipped on October 18.
- Orders from 10/6 to 11/26/18 start with the January/February 2019 issue, which will ship in late December.
- Orders from 11/27/18 to 1/25/19 start with the March/April 2019 issue, which will ship in late February.
5. When will my magazine subscription end?
Your subscription includes 6 issues. If you purchased your subscription online through the website, it will automatically renew on the anniversary of your purchase. If you purchased a different way, your subscription will expire after your 6 issues have been sent. Starting with the November/December 2018 issue, you may see a code at the top of your mailing label that shows your order number, whether your subscription auto-renews or expires, and the last issue of the magazine you will receive before your current subscription ends.
If you have any corrections or questions about your subscription and whether it is still active, please email us.
6. Can I purchase back issues of the magazine?A limited number of extra copies of each issue are printed and are available for purchase on the Shop page, after all subscriptions are mailed out and individual issues are sold at shows. The only way to guarantee that you won't miss an issue is to subscribe online, because once an issue is sold out, it is no longer available. Many of the articles from sold-out issues are available for reading online.
7. When will my back issue order arrive?If you order a back issue of the magazine, your order will usually be shipped via the USPS within a week. Delivery time depends on where you live, as we ship worldwide.
8. When will my subscription issue arrive?Beachcombing Magazine is mailed from New Hampshire via standard mail near the end of the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December. The US Postal Service does not guarantee the delivery of mail within a given number of days, and your magazine can take up to three weeks from the day it is mailed to arrive in the continental United States. Delivery time depends on where the magazine is being delivered to, mail volume at processing offices, and can even vary between different zip codes within the same city. For addresses outside the continental U.S., part of the delivery takes place via mail boat and can take up to six weeks. If you live in the continental U.S. and your issue is late, we ask that you wait until the 15th of the month following shipment to request a replacement copy. If you live elsewhere, please wait until the last day of the month before requesting a replacement copy. If you experience delivery delays in multiple months, let us know so that we can investigate and track down the source of the problem. Report a delivery issue ›
9. What if my magazine is damaged?We are happy to send you a replacement issue if your magazine is damaged in transit. Please send us a photo of the damage within 10 days of receipt of your magazine and request a replacement copy or to ask us to extend your subscription. If your issue frequently arrives damaged and your mailbox is sufficiently sized, please check with the post office to see if the magazine arrives to them in good condition. If it does not, then please contact us. If you would like to have your magazine mailed in an envelope, please order individual issues from the online shop.
10. How do I get my photos and stories printed in the magazine?We are always looking for great beachcombing stories and photos of your beach finds! We love images of beach decor; your best sea glass, beach glass, shell, fossil, historical, and other finds; coastal craft ideas; and the art, jewelry, and crafts you create with your finds. Take a look at the guidelines for submissions on the About page.
11. How do I change my address?
Send us your old and new addresses via email.
Did we miss anything?If we didn't answer your question above, please email us or leave a voicemail with detailed information about your subscription, address, and questions at 1-833-224-5277. Emails are returned within 2 business days. Calls are returned within 5 business days.