Frequently Asked Questions
Before contacting us, see if the answer to your question is below. For personal questions, website problems, or subscription issues, please email us.
1. How do I subscribe to the magazine?
The best way to order a subscription is to order online. If you would prefer to have an invoice emailed to you, please send your name, billing and shipping address, phone number, and email address and request an invoice. You can also download and print an order form. Subscriptions are available worldwide.
2. How do I renew my subscription?
Your mailing label indicates the last issue on your current subscription, and if we have your email on file, we will let you know when your subscription is about to end.
The best way to renew your subscription is to renew online. If you purchased your subscription on the old Glassing magazine site and you want to subscribe on the new Beachcombing site, you will need to create a new account and password this site, as your old account credentials do not transfer to the new site. Your new order will extend your current subscription by a year, no matter which site you use.
If you ordered online, your subscription is set to automatically renew. If your subscription was automatically renewed and you want to cancel, or you do not want your subscription to renew automatically every year, please let us know before your renewal date and we'll take care of it.
Because we have standardized the cutoff dates for subscriptions to occur every two months, there's a chance that you might have received the six issues on your subscription before your auto renewal occurred. If this happened, you might have missed an issue in between subscriptions. Please contact us with your name and address and we can let you know if you missed the issue because you didn't renew in time or if you missed an issue because it was lost in the mail. We order extra copies for the online shop so you can order recent issues you may have missed.
3. How do I change my address?
You can update your address on your account page on the beachcombingmagazine.com website or the glassingmagazine.com website, depending how you subscribed. Or, just send us your old and new addresses via email.
4. When will my magazine subscription start?Depending when you place your order, it might take up to 8 weeks before your first magazine is mailed out. If you subscribe or renew to the magazine within a few weeks of a new issue coming out, your subscription will start or renew with the following issue. This is because we send the mailing list for subscriptions to the printer two weeks before it is mailed. Following are some order and renewal cutoff dates:
- Orders from 7/26/19 to 9/23/19 start with the November/December 2019 issue. This issue will be mailed in mid-October.
- Orders from 5/25/19 to 7/25/19 started with the September/October 2019 issue.
- Orders from 3/25/19 to 5/24/19 started with the July/August 2019 issue.
- Orders from 1/28/19 to 3/24/19 started with the May/June 2019 issue.
- Orders from 11/27/18 to 1/27/19 started with the March/April 2019 issue.
- Orders from 10/6/18 to 11/26/18 started with the January/February 2019 issue.
5. When will my subscription issue arrive?
Beachcombing is mailed from New Hampshire via U.S. Standard Mail. The US Postal Service does not guarantee the delivery of Standard Mail within a given number of days, and your magazine can take up to four weeks from the day it is mailed to arrive in the continental United States. Delivery time depends on the address, mail volume at central processing offices, and can even vary between different zip codes within the same city. If you live in the continental U.S. and your issue is late, we ask that you wait until the 15th of the month following shipment to request a replacement copy. View a map showing when to expect your magazine in the United States.
For addresses outside the continental U.S., part of the delivery takes place via boat and can take up to six weeks. If you live outside the continental U.S., please wait until the last day of the month following shipment before requesting a replacement copy.
If you experience delivery delays in multiple months, please contact your local post office or let us know so that we can investigate and track down the source of the problem. Report a delivery issue ›
6. When will my magazine subscription end?
Your subscription includes 6 issues. A code at the top of your mailing label shows your order number and the last issue of the magazine on your current subscription.
If you have any corrections or questions about your subscription, please email us.
7. Can I purchase back issues of the magazine?A limited number of extra copies of each issue are printed and are available for purchase on the Shop page, after all subscriptions are mailed. The only way to guarantee that you won't miss an issue is to subscribe online, because once an issue is sold out, it is no longer available. Please see the Retail Shops page for a list of Beachcombing retailers who carry the magazine as they may have copies of back issues available. Many of the Beachcombing articles from sold-out issues are available for reading online.
8. When will my back issue order arrive?If you order a back issue of the magazine, your order will usually be shipped via the U.S. First Class Mail within a week. Delivery time depends on where you live, as we ship worldwide.
9. What if my magazine is damaged?We are happy to send you a replacement issue if your magazine is damaged in transit. Please send us a photo of the damage within 10 days of receipt of your magazine and request a replacement copy or to ask us to extend your subscription. If your issue frequently arrives damaged and your mailbox is sufficiently sized, please check with your local post office to see if the magazine arrives to them in good condition. If it does not, then please contact us. If you would like to have your magazine mailed in an envelope, please order individual issues from the online shop.
10. Can I view the magazine online?
Your print subscription comes with access to the digital edition of Beachcombing magazine, which you can view on computers, tablets, and phones. The digital edition is an interactive replica of the print magazine, with all the same photos and stories, and clickable links on many of the pages. When Beachcombing is mailed, we also email a link and password to current subscribers so that everyone around the world can view the magazine as soon as it is mailed.
You can also view a selection of articles from past issues of on the Beachcombing blog ›
11. How do I get my photos and stories printed in the magazine?We are always looking for great beachcombing stories and photos of your beach finds! We love images of coastal décor; your best sea glass, beach glass, shell, fossil, historical, and other finds; coastal craft ideas; and the art, jewelry, and crafts you create with your finds. Take a look at the guidelines for submissions ›
12. Did you change the name of the magazine?
Yes! Starting with the January/February 2019 issue, the magazine was renamed from Glassing Magazine to Beachcombing to better reflect the contents in the magazine. The magazine has always covered more than just sea and beach glassing, and we thought it was time to update the name to make it more inclusive. The name is the only thing that has changed, though. Active Glassing subscriptions continue with Beachcombing, with all of the same great coverage of all aspects of beachcombing, including sea and beach glass.
13. What are the rules for giveaways?
For contest and giveaway information, please see the Giveaway Rules page.
Did we miss anything?
If we didn't answer your question above, please email us or leave a voicemail with detailed information about your subscription, address, and questions at 1-833-224-5277. Emails are returned within 2 business days. Calls are returned within 5 business days.
Join our email list
For occasional emails with news, offers, contests, and more, please subscribe to our enewsletter ›
Quick note: We recommend books and products because we truly love them! We sometimes provide links on the Beachcombing website to make it easy to purchase products, some of which are on Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made when you click and make purchases on Amazon, but please feel free to purchase items wherever it works best for you. Thanks!