Beachcombing Volume 36: May/June 2023
Volume 36: May/June 2023
This issue features finds from beaches around the world. You'll learn some history about buttons, find out what it's like to beachcomb in a harbor in Sicily, see how Londoners through history kept themselves looking and feeling good, check out a miniature shell shop, and enjoy photos of some of our readers' earliest beach memories. And there's more from our global community of shellers, glassers, mudlarks, and collectors.
Inside this issue
- Panòrmos: A Whole Harbor, Adele Cammarata
- Mourning Buttons, Nicole Lind
- Mother of Pearl Gold Rush, Mary Meinking
- Mudlarking: Looking Good, Jason Sandy
- The Little Shell Shop, William Alex Winner
- Willy’s Jeep, Jane Webber
- Inside a Shell Show, Amy Bentley
- Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other
- Top 36 Beachcombing Destinations
- Found-Object Prints, Karen Bowskill
- Beach Memories
- Button, Button, Who Found the Button?
- Spotlight Artisan: Pam Longobardi
- Beach Reads, Cindy Bilbao
- Mind Full of Peace, Kimberly Griffin
- Upcoming Events
On the cover: Beach button collection Captain Ky Davis of LC’s Glass.