By Christeena H. Minopetros
Well, here you are at home, and maybe your beachcombing bucket is full. Now the big question is what to do with it? If you have no interest in drilling and designing jewelry with your finds, here are my favorite ways to display sea glass, shells, rocks, and other finds. Creating a display is a great way to remember days spent at the beach.
Fill a bowl.
Dig through your cabinets and garage for jars, vases, bowls, or shallow trays. Fill them up creating a mix that makes you happy. A window sill with lots of light is the perfect place for your display.
Make a candle display.
Start with a shallow container or a glass pie plate. Add a few battery-operated votive candles and fill in with the sea glass, shells, or colorful rocks. Clear, white sea glass with the glow of the candles is lovely.
Decorate a glass container.
Start with a clean, small glass bowl, votive candle holder, or dish. This project is like doing a jigsaw puzzle, where you patiently glue each piece of glass on, leaving as little space as possible between pieces. Use E6000 glue, working on each side one at a time, and letting the pieces dry before continuing to the next side.
Add sea glass to your flower vase.
Arrange flowers in your vase or jar, add sea glass to the bottom, and fill with water. The color and texture will enhance your fresh flowers.
Make a sea glass ornament.
Buy clear plastic or glass ornament jars or balls. Fill them with sand and small shells or sea glass. Finish your ornament with a festive cord or ribbon and hang anywhere in your home.
Add some bling to an old frame or canvas or use a shadow box to frame your masterpiece. Try different styles and patterns laying everything out before you glue things down with E6000 glue. There is no wrong pattern—just have fun!
This article appeared in the Beachcombing Magazine July/August 2020 issue.
Check out these other fun ways to organize, store, and show off your beachcombing collection.
Looking for more fun ways to craft with your beach finds?
- Decoration inspiration from winter beaches
- Holiday Beach Vibes
- Fun Holiday Beach Craft and Décor Ideas
- Endless Summer: Beach Decor for Year Round
- How to make a sea shell tree
- Create a One-of-a-Kind Sea Glass Gift for Under $10
- Beachy String Lights
- Party Crackers Craft How To
- Coastal Candy Cane Tie-It Workshop
- Show off your beach bling: Best beachcombing displays
- Make a Flower Pot Lighthouse
- Seashell Butterflies
- Beach Finds Watering Can Wind Chime (Video)
- Beach Craft: Sea Glass Lamp
- Beach Art Mosaic Workshop (Video)
- Making Framed Beach Art Using Epoxy Resin (Video)
- Sea Glass Bowl Craft Beach Craft How To
- Beach Finds and Barn Wood Shelf Craft How To Tutorial
- Sea Glass Drilling Tutorial
- Beach Find Succulent Container Garden How-To Craft
- Sea Glass Switch Plate Cover Craft How To
- Framed Beach Treasures