Beachcombing Clubhouse Rules:
Be excellent to each other/The Golden Rule
Please keep things respectful, kind, and positive. Treat people the way you’d like to be treated.
Please don’t try to shame anyone, berate them if they don’t share the location of their beach, or call them out for their collections or comments. No harassment or hateful conduct, including discrimination, hate speech, bullying, or targeted attacks.
Keep it PG-13
Mild swears and language are fine, but there may be young eyes reading your comments, so try to keep it clean. No violence, sexual content, or nudity, please!
Don’t post other people’s photos or words without permission AND attribution
We prefer to see original content, but if you just have to share, please ask first and give credit.
Sell only in the shop
Please do not use the club to sell or promote your products or services except on the shop channel. Don’t post promotional links on any other channels unless they are of general interest to club members.
What happens in Beachcombing Club, stays in Beachcombing Club.
Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic discussions make the club better, but they may contain private information. Please don’t share outside the clubhouse.
Save the drama for your mama
If you're looking for a place to air your personal grievances, this is not the place. If you have an issue with another member, please contact them directly. Do not post your personal disputes here in the clubhouse. They will be removed.
Help us keep the clubhouse a positive place
If you see someone violating these rules or the spirit of supportive community we are building, please let us know ASAP so we can address the situation. We can't be here 24/7 but hope that you will help us keep this a safe, positive space for beachcombers.
The Club is here to help you learn new things, share your favorite finds, and make new friends. Relax and enjoy yourself!
Beachcombing Club Online Community Guidelines
We created Beachcombing Club to help people come together around our shared interest in beachcombing. It's a place where you can connect with old friends and new.
Our community guidelines are meant to explain what is and isn’t allowed in the clubhouse, and ensure that everyone has a good experience. If you come across a message that appears to break these rules, please report it to us. We may take a number of steps, including issuing a warning, removing the content, or removing the account.
The overwhelming majority of people are familiar with online communities, so these guidelines may seem obvious. Still, we want to be clear about the expectations for our members. Every member of Beachcombing Club should feel like their voice can be heard, but not at the expense of someone else. These rules are from Discord, the host of the Beachcombing Club online community.
Here are some rules for interacting with others on Discord:
- Do not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment of others. Disagreements happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment and are not okay.
- Do not post, organize, or promote hate speech. It’s unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities.
- Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s private personal information.
- Do not evade user blocks or server bans. Do not send unwanted, repeated friend requests or messages, especially after they’ve made it clear they don’t want to talk to you anymore. Do not try to hide your identity in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you, or otherwise circumvent the tools we have which enable users to protect themselves.
- Do not send others viruses or malware, attempt to phish others, or hack or DDoS them.
Here are some rules for content on Discord:
- Any content that cannot be placed in an age-gated channel may not contain adult content. You may not sexualize minors in any way. This includes sharing content or links which depict minors in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner. Discord reports illegal content to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- You may not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent, or share or promote sharing of non-consensual intimate imagery in an attempt to shame or degrade someone.
- You may not share content that glorifies or promotes suicide or self-harm, including any encouragement to others to cut themselves, or embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- You may not share images of sadistic gore or animal cruelty.
- You may not use Discord for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism.
- You may not sell or facilitate the sales of prohibited or potentially dangerous goods. This includes firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances.
- You may not promote, distribute, or provide access to content involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of pirated software or stolen accounts.
- In general, you should not promote, encourage or engage in any illegal behavior. This is very likely to get you kicked off Discord, and may get you reported to law enforcement.
- You may not share content that violates anyone's intellectual property or other rights.
If you have questions about Beachcombing Club, please contact us.