Beachcombing Club members can hang out in the Beachcombing Clubhouse and meet fellow collectors, artists, and enthusiasts from all around the world. Members can post photos of their best finds and get help identifying beach mysteries. Once you join, you can text chat, voice chat, or video chat with fellow beachcombers 24/7. The Clubhouse takes what's fun about Zoom, the easy sharing of Facebook and Instagram, and creates an ad-free spot where you can interact in real-time with people you might never be able to meet in person.
You can get started today by visiting the Beachcombing Clubhouse, which is hosted on Discord. If you don't already have a Discord account, it's easy to create one. Just click on the link above and follow the prompts. Once you're signed in, you can see a couple of the "channels" in the house. If you like the experience and want to see more, we hope you'll consider becoming a club member so you can view and post on all the channels in the Clubhouse plus join in live events. If you have joined the club and don't see all the channels, post a message in the #hello channel and we'll hook you up!
For the best experience during live events on Discord, download the Discord app and plan on attending on a computer so you can see everyone. You can opt to share your microphone and camera but it's not required.
Take a Tour of the Clubhouse Features
Learn how to navigate the Clubhouse in this short tips-and-tricks video:
How to join Beachcombing Club
Your support on Patreon makes it possible for us to host the community Clubhouse, create exclusive content, and send fun swag to you every quarter.
1. Visit Patreon.com/beachcombing and select one of the three tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Enter your payment information. Your account will be debited once a month, on the first of the month, until you cancel.
2. Check your email for a confirmation email and click the link to activate your Patreon account.
Accessing the Beachcombing Club online community
The Beachcombing Clubhouse is hosted on Discord.com. You can use your existing Discord account or create a new account. In order to see all the Clubhouse channels, you need to connect your Patreon and Discord accounts.
3. After signing up on Patreon, you'll get a welcome message with a link to the Clubhouse. Scroll down on the Patreon page and click on the button that says "Connect to Discord." If you don't get a message, go to your Patreon Profile Settings and click on the Apps button and connect to Discord. If you still don't see the button to connect to Discord, visit the Beachcombing Clubhouse and post a message in the #hello channel and we'll set you up for full access.
4. Sign up for or log into your Discord account at https://discord.com/login.
5. Click the Authorize link to allow Discord to connect your Patreon and Discord accounts so you will be able to see Beachcombing Club in Discord. Once you link your accounts and log into Discord, you can visit the Beachcombing Club in your browser or on the Discord app.
Beachcombing Clubhouse Features
Beachcombing Club is a "server" on Discord and there are text/image and voice/video "channels" on the server.
Text and Image Channels
Each channel is designed for a specific topic. Just click on each text/image channel name, and you'll see a message describing what kinds of things you might find and post there. Scroll through the posts, comment on those that interest you, and post some of your own.
If you click on the LIVE voice channel, it's the same as joining a conference call. You'll immediately be connected to anyone else who is in the LIVE channel. You can turn on and off your microphone, camera, and screen sharing to participate as much or as little as you want in the conversation.
We can always add more channels, so let us know what's missing!
Want to learn more features of Discord? Check out the Beginner's Guide to Discord and scroll down to the "How to talk and hang out in your server" section.
Learn more about Beachcombing Club ›
Please let us know if you have questions!