It only takes a few steps to join Beachcombing Club and access the Clubhouse.
Sign up for Beachcombing Club
Your support on Patreon makes it possible for us to host the community Clubhouse, create exclusive content, and send fun swag to you every quarter.
1. Visit Patreon.com/beachcombing and select one of the three tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Enter your payment information. Your account will be debited once a month until you cancel.
2. Check your email for a confirmation email and click the link to activate your Patreon account.
Accessing the Beachcombing Club online community
The Beachcombing Clubhouse is hosted on Discord.com. You can use your existing Discord account or create a new account.
3. After signing up on Patreon, you'll get a welcome message with a link to the Clubhouse. Click on the button that says "Connect to Discord." If you don't get a message, go to your Patreon Profile Settings and click on the Apps button and connect to Discord.
4. Sign up for or log into your Discord account at https://discord.com/login.
5. Click the Authorize link to allow Discord to connect your Patreon and Discord accounts so you will be able to see Beachcombing Club in Discord. Once you link your accounts and log into Discord, you can visit the Beachcombing Club in your browser or on the Discord app.
Beachcombing Clubhouse Tour
Beachcombing Club is a "server" on Discord and there are text/image and voice/video "channels" on the server.
Text and Image Channels
Each channel is designed for a specific topic. Just click on each text/image channel name, and you'll see a message describing what kinds of things you might find and post there. Scroll through the posts, comment on those that interest you, and post some of your own.
If you click on the LIVE voice channel, it's the same as joining a conference call. You'll immediately be connected to anyone else who is in the LIVE channel. You can turn on and off your microphone, camera, and screen sharing to participate as much or as little as you want in the conversation.
We can always add more channels, so let us know what's missing!
Want to learn more features of Discord? Check out the Beginner's Guide to Discord and scroll down to the "How to talk and hang out in your server" section.
Learn more about Beachcombing Club ›
Please let us know if you have questions!