By Jackie Trimper
Learn how to create a one-of-a-kind gift using sea glass, a thrift-shop frame, and craft materials in a short how-to demo from mosaic artist Jackie Trimper.
This presentation was part of the 2021 Beachcombing Holiday Festival on November 27, 2021. You can watch all the Festival videos in one place on YouTube.
Videos and presentations were made possible by our Marketplace Exhibitors, members of Beachcombing Club, and by our Presenters who generously shared their time to take us on their beachcombing adventures, share their expertise, and show some of their collections.
List of Materials
Following are the materials that Jackie uses in her project, but feel free to adapt the design and include whatever materials and colors you prefer!
- picture frame with glass - new or from a thrift shop
- paint for frame if it needs it
- clear silicone caulk
- green sea glass
- clear sea glass
- brown sea glass
- white sea pottery
- blue sea glass
- red glitter paint (optional)
- gold glitter paint (optional)
- craft sticks, chopsticks, or toothpicks to remove excess caulk
- suction cup hook to hang in a window
- eye hooks
- picture hanging wire
Ahead of time:
- Clean and paint your frame if needed.
- Add a bead of silicone caulk along all four edges of the glass on the back side of frame to securely attach the glass to the frame. Let it dry and set for 24 hours.
Learn from Jackie how to make a Sea Glass Mosaic Sailboat.
Looking for more fun ways to craft with your beach finds?
- Decoration inspiration from winter beaches
- Holiday Beach Vibes
- Fun Holiday Beach Craft and Décor Ideas
- Endless Summer: Beach Decor for Year Round
- How to make a sea shell tree
- Beachy String Lights
- Party Crackers Craft How To
- Coastal Candy Cane Tie-It Workshop
- 6 Ways to Use Sea Glass
- Show off your beach bling: Best beachcombing displays
- Make a Flower Pot Lighthouse
- Seashell Butterflies
- Beach Finds Watering Can Wind Chime (Video)
- Beach Craft: Sea Glass Lamp
- Beach Art Mosaic Workshop (Video)
- Making Framed Beach Art Using Epoxy Resin (Video)
- Sea Glass Bowl Craft Beach Craft How To
- Beach Finds and Barn Wood Shelf Craft How To Tutorial
- Sea Glass Drilling Tutorial
- Beach Find Succulent Container Garden How-To Craft
- Sea Glass Switch Plate Cover Craft How To
- Framed Beach Treasures
Coastal and Beach Décor Ideas:
- The Sea Glass Home: In Perfect Color
- The Beach Glass-ed Bathroom
- Coastal Connection - Beach House Redesign
- Breezy Blue House
- Sea Glass Gem in the Jewel Box
- A place to shellebrate
- How to Decorate with Your Beach Finds (Video)
- Beautiful workspaces
- Remembering Old Nag's Head
About Jackie Trimper
Jackie grew up in Prince Edward Island and lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. She has been collecting sea glass her whole life and creating sea glass mosaic art for over ten years. As a retired psychologist, sea glass has become a hobby turned obsession, as she spends hours of her time creating art with sea glass. Find her online at JackieTrimperSeaGlass.com. Articles ›
Quick note: We have provided links to illustrate examples of materials used and to make it easy to purchase products online. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases made when you click on our Amazon links and make purchases on Amazon, but please purchase your preferred brands and items wherever it works best for you. Thanks!