Michelle Nettles has been decorating homes along the east coast for decades, which means she’s no stranger to her own brand of coastal elegance. Her MJN Interiors is helping us bring our sea glass into our home using the colors of the glass.
“Color is one of the most important tools at your disposal when decorating your home, but choosing a palette can be challenging,” says Nettles. About sea glass as inspiration, Nettles says, “It always helps to find an image or idea that can serve as a jumping off point.”
Nettles adds, “With summer dwindling, we can’t help thinking about the beach and the casual elegance of coastal interior design. Our color inspiration will help you impart some coastal beauty into your home decor.”
Nettles calls these colors a classic choice. “The palette is a lovely mix of neutrals and blues. Blue hues are not only hot in the interior design world, they are also great for creating a sense of peaceful calm.”
“If you’re looking for something a little more contemporary and bright, this palette could be perfect for your home,” advises Nettles. These lively and bright colors are a perfect inspiration to create a warm interior loaded with personality.
On the subdued palette, Nettles says, “For those who prefer a more minimalist aesthetic at home, this spare-yet-elegant palette is a great choice. The majority of the colors are desaturated enough to read as neutrals, allowing selected pops of bright aqua to take center stage.”
Michelle Nettles and her MJN Interiors serves the Atlanta Metropolitan Area and the Virginia Beach and Hampton, Virginia Area. You can reach them at mjninteriors.com or 757-306-6000.
This article appeared in the Glassing Magazine September/October 2018 issue.
Check out these other fun ways to organize, store, and show off your beachcombing collection.
Looking for more fun ways to craft with your beach finds?
- Decoration inspiration from winter beaches
- Holiday Beach Vibes
- Fun Holiday Beach Craft and Décor Ideas
- Endless Summer: Beach Decor for Year Round
- How to make a sea shell tree
- Create a One-of-a-Kind Sea Glass Gift for Under $10
- Beachy String Lights
- Party Crackers Craft How To
- Coastal Candy Cane Tie-It Workshop
- 6 Ways to Use Sea Glass
- Show off your beach bling: Best beachcombing displays
- Make a Flower Pot Lighthouse
- Seashell Butterflies
- Beach Finds Watering Can Wind Chime (Video)
- Beach Craft: Sea Glass Lamp
- Beach Art Mosaic Workshop (Video)
- Making Framed Beach Art Using Epoxy Resin (Video)
- Sea Glass Bowl Craft Beach Craft How To
- Beach Finds and Barn Wood Shelf Craft How To Tutorial
- Sea Glass Drilling Tutorial
- Beach Find Succulent Container Garden How-To Craft
- Sea Glass Switch Plate Cover Craft How To
- Framed Beach Treasures