By Lori-lee Thomas
Grab some driftwood and your glue gun to make this fun Halloween decoration.
- Triangular piece of driftwood for the head
- Smaller driftwood piece for the jaw (optional)
- Long stick of driftwood for the spine
- Shorter driftwood sticks for the ribs
- Triangular pieces for the fin
- Driftwood knot or other small piece of wood for the eye—get creative!
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Glue together the pieces for the head and jaw.
- Attach eye to the head with hot glue.
- Hot glue one end of the spine to the head.
- Glue the ribs behind the spine piece, making sure to taper the size of the sticks from large to small at the end where the tail goes.
- Glue two pieces for the tail.
- Attach tail to the end of the spine.
- Attach a small string hoop to the middle to hang it on the wall. It’s always good to reinforce the hot glue on the back for extra sturdiness.
Pro Tip: To take it up a notch, add a string of battery-operated LED lights to the back and light up your fish skeleton on spooky nights.
Get creative and have a Happy Beachoween!
Make art with your beach finds
Learn how to make art, jewelry, and fun home decorations with seashells, sea glass, beach rocks, and more. Articles ›
All photos by Lori-lee Thomas.
This article appeared in Beachcombing Volume 38: September/October 2023.