Beachcombing Magazine is putting together the Holiday Marketplace Small Business Saturday event, and we are looking for speakers to share their expertise with our online audience of beachcombers.
These short presentations (5 to 15 minutes) will be shared via Zoom with a worldwide audience on Saturday, November 27, 2021. Like the presentations at the 2020 Virtual Beachcombing Festival, the talks will range from collectors presenting part of their collection to artists showing off their latest creations to experts sharing some of their beachcombing knowledge. And, this year, the presentations will be live on Zoom.
While most markets and festivals have a local or regional audience, this marketplace will attract attendees from around the world. Your presentation will be viewed on the day of the event and will be available afterward on YouTube. It's a great chance to get in front of a global audience of beachcombers! Your presentation can include information about you an/or your work but should be primarily educational, not self-promotional.
As a presenter, you will have your photo, bio, presentation description, and contact information on the Holiday Marketplace website and in marketing materials.
If you would like to share a how-to demonstration, speak briefly about an aspect of beachcombing, or take viewers on a studio tour, please complete the speaker proposal form below by October 1, 2021. We will notify you if you have been selected by October 15, 2021. If we can fit your presentation into the schedule, we will ask for your headshot and bio by no later than October 31, 2021.
The ideal presenter:
- Is experienced, engaging, and comfortable speaking on Zoom.
- Is passionate about sharing expertise on topics that include unique and historical beach finds, coastal arts and crafts, nature and conservation, remarkable collections, beach destinations, or beachcombing collections.
- Has the technical know-how, equipment, and internet connection to present on Zoom.
- Commits to sharing the Holiday Marketplace with their social networks.
Optional: If you would prefer to send a video that we play on the day of the event, that's great, too!
Thanks for your time and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Please complete the form below or email the following information by October 1, 2021. In the message field, please provide the following information:
- Proposed presentation and brief description
- Proposed time needed: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes
- Links to your social media pages, website, or other online information about you.
If you are interested in advertising in the Holiday Marketplace in Beachcombing magazine and the website, please check out our Holiday Marketplace advertising packages.