By Lori-lee Thomas
- Fishing rope (preferably found on the beach)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Metal wreath form
- Protective gloves (gardening gloves work in a pinch)
- Extra spooky critters and nets
- Flip the wreath form over and hot glue a piece of rope to itself on the back.
- Continue wrapping the piece of rope tightly, gluing the end to the back of the wrapped rope. Continue with another piece by gluing it to the previous rope end until the wreath is covered.
- Overlap different types of rope and stagger contrasting colors to make for an interesting wreath.
Pro tip: For this wreath I used black and orange rope for Halloween, but I also added bits of netting and plastic spiders for extra spookiness.
Get creative and have a Happy Beachoween!
Make art with your beach finds
Learn how to make art, jewelry, and fun home decorations with seashells, sea glass, beach rocks, and more. Articles ›
All photos by Lori-lee Thomas.
This article appeared in Beachcombing Volume 38: September/October 2023.