Read about the 2018 festival below. See you at the Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival on May 4th & 5th, 2019 at the Bayfront Convention Center in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Be sure to take a look at the Beach Glass Festival photo album from the Buffalo News!
The 2018 Buffalo Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival
April 14-15, 2018 • The Event Center at the Hamburg Fairgrounds Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm — Sunday, 10 am to 4 pmThanks to everyone who joined us for two days dedicated to beach and sea glass! Over 85 talented sea glass and beach glass artists, jewelers, and collectors from all across the U.S. and Canada showcased their creations, sharing their knowledge through our lecture series, judging our Best Beach Find Contest, and enjoying a great weekend with fellow beach lovers.
- Come learn how to make your own sea glass jewelry, dive into the history of glassware and backyard bottle hunting, and hear about shipwrecks on the Great lakes in our lecture series.
- Bring your favorite beachcombing finds to enter to win cash prizes in the Best Beach Find Contest.
- Over 85 talented artists, beer and wine, food trucks, and plenty of parking
Admission: Adults: $6 for one day, $10 for both days • Military/55 and Over/Kids age 1-12: $4
There's something for everyone, including a place to hang out and take a break from the show: The Mer-Man Cave! Relax, grab a beer or wine and a bite from the food trucks, and hang out while your friends enjoy this once-a-year Great Lakes beach glass festival!
This is a juried show, which means you will be seeing the best and brightest of the beach and sea glass community. Vendors will be showing you the most remarkable sea and beach glass creations and coastal arts from around North America at this Great Lakes beach glass festival.
We teamed up with Jennifer and Terri Reed from Relish, Inc. in Erie, PA to offer this sister show to their Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival. In the same style as the amazingly successful Great Lakes festival in Pennsylvania, which has seen amazing success, we are offering the best sea glass and beach glass vendors from all across the country and Canada, inspiring lectures, a Best Beach Find Contest in Buffalo in 2018.
Lecture SeriesTalks all about beach glass with our stellar lineup of speakers:
- Meg Carter, Jeweler, Made by Meg, Columnist, Glassing Magazine On Saturday at noon, Meg Carter spoke about "Sea Glass Jewelry, Beginner to Pro Q&A". Attendees learned the basics of sea glass jewelry making in a fun, interactive presentation.
- Peter Jablonski, President, Greater Buffalo Bottle Collectors Association Peter offered Time Capsule in Your Backyard (how to locate and dig a privy for bottles and artifacts, how glass bottles were made, a brief history of the Lancaster and Lockport NY Glassworks, how to date and identify your finds, along with a large display of bottles from 1850-1900, stoneware crocks, clay pipes, chamber pots, doll heads, clay pipes, blue and white transferware, coins, buttons, miscellaneous glass artifacts and shards. Peter Jablonski also presented "Bottle Collecting Categories" (historic Flasks, Bitters, Mineral Waters, Quack Medicines, Milks, Beers , Pontil-ed Sodas Poisons, etc.)
- Debra Hall-Stonish, Docent, Explore Buffalo Debra shared her talk "The Erie Canal: The Creation of the Empire State." The Erie Canal had a significant impact not only on the growth of Buffalo but the growth of the nation. The talk included: the initial concept of the Canal, the political fight to make it a reality, the construction of this amazing civil engineering feat, and its effect on the economy of Buffalo as it became one of the largest inland ports in the world.
- Mike and Georgann Wachter, Shipwreck Hunters Mike and Georgann spoke about "Sidewheel: Tragedy & Treasure." These shipwreck divers discussed some of the worst disasters on open waters of the Great Lakes, which occurred on sidewheel steamers.
Best Beach Find ContestAttendees brought their greatest recent discoveries to enter in the Best Beach Find Contest. Entries — one free with paid admission, and up to three additional entries are $5 each and accepted until 3 pm on Sunday. There were cash prizes for Best of Show, runner up winners, and prizes in other categories such as toys, sea glass bottles, marbles, etc.
LocationThe Event Center is located at the Fairgrounds in Hamburg, NY. This 74,000-square-foot exhibit hall will be filled with beach glass artisans and collectors selling everything from beach glass jewelry to one-of-a-kind artworks. There is plenty of parking and the event center is ADA accessible. Directions › Visitors came for a day or for the weekend and enjoyed the beauty of Lake Erie beaches (5 miles away), exciting Buffalo (15 miles), gorgeous Niagara Falls (30 miles), and charming Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario (50 miles) for a dream weekend for sea glass lovers. Check out Niagara Falls from both sides! Learn more ›
All About Sea Glass Paula Fedele Amyables Sea Glass Amy Kostecki Angela Schanfish Custom Creations Angela Schanfish Aremel Soaps Robin Lenhard Artisan Sea Glass Amy Schmitt At Water's Edge Dan & Carol Jackson Beach Bum Glass / Glassing Magazine Glassing/Beach Bum Glass Beach Glass Jewelry Dr. Renee Ascher-Ellis Beach Baubles Marianna Bellatoni Beach Glass Bling Windows Kristine Welchko Beach Glass Chic Denise Tunney Beach Glass Jewelry by Tina Tina Banzer Beach Treasures Pam McCormick Bead Boutique dba A Mermaids Musings Tricia Hall Becky's Beach Glass Designs Becky Fox Black Dog Design Cindy Mullen Blue Harbor Jewelry Jeanette Leonard Buckeye Chocolate Company John Formanski CandleBox Leah Show Destello Jewelry Sherri Herman DMG-Creations Dottie Gilbo England beach Glass Joanne England Etched by the Sea Kirsti Scott France's Finest Findings France Lessard Fullmoon Studio Clayworks Fumihiko Mochizuki Giftologie Teresa Schaubel Glacial Impressions Kevin Selkregg
Heart to Heart Design Kyle Kochiss Jewelry Beyond the Sea Cheryl Perez Jill Rouke Handwovens Jill Rouke JPW Pottery Jane P Waxenfelter Julie Anderson Design Julie Anderson Just Beachy Sandra Amoia Kate Samson Design Kate Samson Lakeland Winery Andrew Watkins Lakewinds Design Jeanne Comerford Lovely Glassworks Lynn Lovely Made by Meg Meg Carter Mary's Lakeside Designs Mary Gugliuzza McDaniel Pottery Caelin McDaniel Monkey in Silver Creek Tina LaFalce Nature's Drift Terri King North Coast Beachcombers Daniel Carr Once Upon My Shore Emily Mobilia One Woman's Empire Charlene Schum Papaya Arts Kenia Ciraulo Pastries by Andrea Andrea Reiser Peterman Prints Scott Peterman Pink Cottage Natural Bodycare Janice Fatica Poseys by the Sea Sue Posey Relish Jennifer Reed Saltbox Primitives Jerry and Frances George Sea Glass Art by Mary Lou Powers Mary Lou Powers
Sea Glass Creations Sharon DeAngelo Sea Glass Heart Art Stephanie Swain Sea Glass Searcher's Club Cindy Bilbao Sea Goddess Treasures Francine Mueller Sea Helper Sean Hodino Seaglassin Ann Marie Johnson Seaside Beach Glass Michelle and Gladys Seyshelles Lisa Gadway Shell 'n' Swells Yvonne Marks Smith Ship or Shore Tammy Shannon Signeture Line Signe Lawson Silver Whimsies Wendy Garver Skydancerdreams Victoria Wieczorek SRM Arts Shaina Renea Michael Sue's Artisitc View Sue Sessaman Suegray Sea Glass Sue Gray Sunsport Canvas Dennis and Chris Ann Buday Tanning Rocks Workshop Renata Tarnacki Thairapy Jewels Amy Bartell The Deep Blue Barbara Fletcher Treasures in Nature Jeanne Kollecker VasePlace Deborah Florian Washed Ashore Jewelry Beverly Vinch We R Nuts Pearl Omphaluis Xtalfeather! Visionary Healing Jewelry JD Foriest